With a range of new finishes and configurations for 2016, the new Gretsch Catalina Club Series blends classic tone with sleek, contemporary hardware innovations. These new 4-piece configurations are built around the foundation of the beloved 14-inch deep bass drum that gives each of these setups a warm and punchy vintage tone.
Catalina Club’s hardware components give the series a distinctive “new Gretsch” flair that pays homage to the company’s rich tradition, while infusing an exciting and progressive personality. From the round “gas cap” bass drum mount plate and Mini GTS mounting system to the reduced-mass tom mount brackets and Gretsch T-Wing screws and bolts, Catalina Club has an incredible drummer-friendly feel.
The classic mahogany shells are still built with the same natural shell interior and 30-degree bearing edge that made them famous. Bass drums include telescopic spurs and matching wood bass drum hoops. Toms and snare drums feature 1.6mm triple flanged hoops and all Catalina Club drums are equipped with Remo® drum heads.
Finish: Gloss Crimson Burst
- Shell: Gretsch Formula 7ply Mahogany
- Bearing Edges: 30deg
- Hoops: Snare & Toms – 1.6mm Triple Flanged
- Mini GTS tom suspension system
- Low-profile tom and floor tom leg brackets
- Single cymbal mount and 12.7mm L-Arms
- Gretsch T-Wing nut/bolt
- Snare: Coated UT Ambassador Batter, Clear UT Resonant
- Toms: Coated UT Ambassador Batter, Clear UT Ambassador Resonant
- Bass: Clear UT Ambassador batter head with muffle ring, Coated white Gretsch resonant head with muffle ring
- 12x8in tom
- 14x14in floor tom
- 18x14in bass drum (drilled, with tom mount)
- 14x5in snare