Condition: 8/10. A few light scuff marks but otherwise in great condition.
*There is no manufacturers warranty with pre-owned products.
Authentic Acoustic Cajon Sound with a Roland Sound Module
Thanks to its compact size and versatility, the cajon has become one of the most popular instruments for on-the-go percussion – from local jams to street busking, nightclub performances and beyond. With its built-in Roland sound module and independent head and edge sensors, the EC-10 extends the cajon’s simplicity to open new dimensions of expression that complements any musical style.
Spice up singer/songwriter and combo gigs with layered tambourine or djembe, add backbeats with an acoustic or TR-808 snare, or bring in some low-end thump with an electronic kick. Studio-optimized cajon sounds are also on hand to enhance the acoustic cajon voice for more depth, dimension, and punch.
Intuitive to Operate While Performing
The top-mounted sound controls have been designed for quick access and easy operation while playing. The EC-10 features dedicated buttons to scroll through the sound categories, while neighboring buttons allow you to select a number of variations within a category. Once set, simply twist the rear-panel Volume knob to control the level of the layered sound, and use the Trigger Balance knob to adjust the balance between the head and edge sounds.
Self-Contained and Battery-Powered
Part of the cajon’s enormous appeal is that it’s self-contained and uncomplicated. While the EC-10 EL Cajon contains high-tech electronics, it maintains the organic, go-anywhere vibe that cajon players love. The integrated amp and coaxial speaker provide high-quality sound that can easily keep up with acoustic guitar amps and other instruments. Additionally, six AA batteries can power the EC-10 for up to 12 hours, perfect for long jams anywhere.
There’s also a handy input for playing music from a smartphone or song player at home or at the gig. And because the EC-10 is a true acoustic instrument, you can always turn off the electronics and play it like any regular cajon. On top of that, it even functions as an extra seat in a music room or family space when you’re not playing.
- Unqiue hybrid instrument combining an authentic acoustic cajon with Roland’s electronic percussion technology
- Standard cajon size (50cm x 30cm x 30cm) with quality playing surface made from Sapele wood
- 30 built-in electronic kits for layering with acoustic cajon sounds
- Each kit includes two independent sounds that can be triggered from the head and edge of the playing surface
- Versatile selection of acoustic and electronic percussion sounds to support a wide range of music styles
- Also includes studio-optimised cajon sounds to enhance the instrument’s acoustic sound, providing additional depth and punch while performing
- Intuitive control panel for kit selection, level control, head/edge balance and more
- Integrated amplifier and coaxial speaker
- Up to 12 hours of continuous playing time with 6 AA batteries (not included)