The NEW Roland SPD-SX Special Edition Sampling Pad is a compact and highly versatile, percussive sampling pad. Building on the success of the original Roland SPD-SX, the special edition version boasts an improved memory, expanded from 4GB to 16GB. The new, upgrade memory can now store up to 50 hours of mono samples; meaning you don’t need to carry any external memory. As well as the improved memory, the SPD-SX Special Edition features a sparkling red finish. Just like the original, it retains its nine, velocity-sensitive rubber pads, featuring LED illumination for low-light environments. The sampling pad also features three integrated multi-effects processors for real-time sound processing.
Expanded Internal Memory
The SPD-SX Special Edition is designed for the professional performer, with its expanded memory supporting up to 50 hours of mono sample storage. The original featured an internal memory of 4GB, which can limit how many samples you can incorporate into your performance. This special edition version expands the memory from 4GB to 16GB, eliminating the need for any external memory such as flash drives. The new, expanded storage space means you can expand your performances. You now have the ability to store everything you need for complex live sets. This special edition model also features a USB memory port, allowing you to directly import audio files from a USB flash drive, should you require any more memory.
Velocity-Sensitive, LED Illuminated Pads
Designed for professional musicians (specifically drummers and percussionists), the SPD-SX Special Edition boasts nine, velocity-sensitive drum pads. These pads are also illuminated by LEDs, allowing you to easily see your pads, even in low-light situations such as on stage. The pads are arranged in an ergonomic layout, providing you with an easy and convenient way to add live drums to your performances. This sampling pad is the industry-standard for live e-drumming and triggering custom samples. As well as being able to trigger drums live, you can also use the pads to trigger loops and even backing tracks, the possibilities are virtually endless in what you can incorporate.
One of the most unique and convenient features of the SPD-SX sampling pad, is the ability to capture samples in real-time. The Multi-Pad functionality can be used to sample an audio stream from an external audio player or computer. While using the Audio input or USB jacks, you can play audio live and strike each pad at the start and end points. This results in the sample being truncated and assigned to the pad you struck. This easy-to-use real-time sampling functionality means you can capture your inspiration in the moment.
Three Multi-Effects Processors
The three on-board multi-effects processor engines allow you to add flare to your performances, creating unique and complex sounds on the fly. The engines are comprised of a master processor and two processor which can be assigned per kit. The master effects processor allows you to perform in real-time, utilising effects such as filter, delay, reverb and more. You can also adjust the way effects sound by using the four buttons and two controls knobs. You can even expand your arsenal of effects by connecting the SPD-SX Special Edition, to your computer. This allows you to incorporate effects from Ableton Live Lite’s plug-ins.
Design & Connectivity
As well as providing an expanded memory, this version of the SPD-SX boasts an eye-catching, sparkling red finish. This unique red finish not only stands out from the crowd, but helps to differentiate between different models. The ergonomic layout features a bright and crisp LED screen, which provides you with information on which samples, settings, styles and tempos are in use. There is also a range of dedicated buttons and controls for navigating through settings and more. The sampling pad also features a range of versatile connectivity, including MIDI I/O, Audio Input and even an accompanying Line/Mic gain control. A headphone output is also included for private listening and more. Additionally, the SPD-SX Special Edition comes complete with a copy of Ableton Live Lite and Wave Manager software, for expanding your samples and effects.
- 16 GB internal memory supports up to 50 hours of mono sample storage, eliminating the need to carry additional external memory
- Ableton Live Lite license included for sophisticated sample creation
- Sparkling Red finish for a distinctive look on the stage
- Nine easy-to-play, velocity-sensitive rubber pads with LED illumination for dark stages
- Multi-Pad Sampling allows you to sample directly into the SPD-SX — simply choose a pad, and then strike it to start sampling
- Three onboard multi-effects processors (master effect and two kit effects) for powerful real-time sound processing while performing
- Easily import, assign, and organize samples by connecting to your computer via USB and using the included Wave Manager software
- Pads: 9 Built-in pads (with LED indicators) * Two external trigger inputs are provided, allowing you to connect up to four Pads
- Maximum Polyphony: 20 voices * Maximum polyphony becomes 16 voices according as an operating state.
- Number of Recordable Wave Data: 10,000 * Including preload wave data.
- Sampling Time (Total time for all wave data): Approx. 25 hour in stereo (50 hour in mono) * Since the internal memory included with the SPD-SX Special Edition contains preload data, the available sampling time will be less than the time above.
- Data Format: 16-bit linear PCM (WAV/AIFF)
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Kits: 100
- Kit Chain: 8 chains (20 steps per chain)
- Effects: Master Effects (21 types), Equalizer, Kit Effect 1 (20 types), Kit Effect 2 (20 types)
- Display: Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots
- PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type)
- MASTER OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- SUB OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- AUDIO IN jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type) (with LINE-MIC GAIN control)
- TRIG IN jacks (1/2, 3/4) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
- FOOT SW jack (1/2) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- DC IN jack
- COMPUTER connector
- USB MEMORY connector
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB (USB-MIDI, USB-AUDIO, USB Mass Storage Class, USB Flash Drive)
- Power Supply: DC 9 V (AC Adaptor)Current Draw600 mA
- Ableton Live Lite Serial Number Card
- CD-ROM (SPD-SX Wave Manager, USB driver, preload wave data)
- Owner’s Manual
- AC Adapter
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 364 mm x 331 mm x 94 mm
- Weight (Excluding AC Adapter): 2.5kg