The groundbreaking VH-14D launches the electronic hi-hat into a new universe of playability, offering touch sensitivity, tonal variation, and open/closed resolution that’s never been available until now. The two-piece design and thin 14-inch pads provide a familiar look and natural feel, while the high-resolution, multi-sensor system tracks velocity, stick position, and foot work with maximum precision. Foot splashes are reproduced authentically, and you can even mute the cymbals with a hand touch—just like acoustic hi-hats.
The VH-14D is the perfect complement to the PD-140S digital snare and CY-18DR digital ride, bringing Roland’s powerful digital advantages to the three most nuanced pieces in your kit.
For the most expressive VH-14D experience, you’ll want to use it with the flagship TD-50X sound module or a TD-50 module with the TD-50X upgrade installed. These modules include new sounds that are fully optimized for the VH-14D. Standard TD-50 and TD-27 modules are also compatible with the VH-14D via a free system update. This provides support for the VH-14D’s enhanced detection capabilities, but no new sounds are included.
- High-resolution sound triggering designed for use with the TD-50X and compatible Roland sound modules with digital trigger inputs
- Top and bottom 14-inch pads with thin profiles for authentic feel and playability
- Precision tracking of velocity, stick position, and foot pedal work
- Wide-range touch sensors allow you to mute the cymbals with your hand
- Mounts to a regular acoustic hi-hat stand (not included)
Sensors System Includes:
- Multi element sensor system
- Bow sensor x 3
- Edge sensor
- Motion sensor
- Touch sensor
- Built-in sensing processor