This Schlagwerk Urban OS Cajon is designed to provide a large open sound with instant and direct snare response. Made to be uncompromising in the face of live playing in busy urban environments, this Cajon provides a sound that is intense and naturally projecting.
During development of these Cajon’s, Schlagwerk determined the vibration points along the Cajon, and screwed the playing surfaces accordingly to produce its extremely direct snare response. This fully screwed playing surface coupled with a reduced contract surface also gives this Cajon a super open basic sound.
Designed with convenience in mind, additional reinforcement bars on the inner sides of this Cajon provide a strong bass for your playing without interfering with sensitivity or snare response. An Anti-slip surface further helps provide a comfortable playing experience, with a high-quality Gabon playing surface making this Cajon ideal for assertive, heavy play. It also makes this Cajon ideal for playing with rods or brushes.
Features & Specifications
- Anti-slip surface and Cajon pad for comfortable and safe playing
- Worn in appearance with an authentic urban/ city look
- High-quality Gabon playing surface with structured embossing for heavy play
- Fully screwed playing surface designed to provide an extremely quick snare response
- Unique 2 x 2 snare strings provide a crisp sound with plenty of sensitivity
- 8-ply Birch resonance box made with stability and optimum sound projection in mind Velcro fastened damping elements allow specific adjustments to buzz behaviour
- Tension bar for adjusting string tension with integrated tuning key Approximately 30 x 30 x 50 cm in size
- Rubber coated felt feet to help fight against slipping
- Pronounced snare and bass with decent control and plenty of volume