The 12-ply birch shell produces a bright and aggressive tone with lots of clarity in the top-end, providing you with pronounced rim shots and a fast attack. The snare’s 5” depth helps in delivering a deep tone, ensuring that some low-end punch is present. Stainless steel wires give a sensitive response, allowing you to adjust your playing dynamics without the snare compromising you.
The incredible Art design is finished in a high-gloss lacquer, accompanied by classic chrome-plated hardware. This offers you a very high-end and classy look, with its remarkable tone giving you the whole package.
The Dual Glide System snare strainer is a great feature of the Artist Series snares. This mechanism provides a precise and smooth action when placing the snare wires in “on” or “off” position, and ensures that there are no annoying buzzing sounds produced when doing so.
The strainer and butt sides are also both armed with a fast-release snare wire detach function. This means that you can easily change the resonant head without having to loosen and adjust the Snare wires. A very ergonomic feature indeed.
- Shell hardware finish: chrome plated
- Series: Artist
- Shell material: Birch
- Shell construction: Medium
- Lugs configuration: TuneSafe
- Snare strainer: Dual Glide System (Snare quick release used under license from Dunnett US patent 7745712)
- Item description: AS 12 1205 AD SDW
- Snare wire wires: 1 x SW 1218 S, 12”, 18 stainless steel wires 0,5 mm
- Item no.: 11176025
- Shell plies: 12 plies
- Shell finish outside: High Gloss Art Design 10257
- Shell size: 12” x 5”
- Shell thickness: 7 mm
- Batter head: SONOR Medium, coated white, single ply
- Resonance head: SONOR Medium Resonance, smooth clear, single ply
- Hoop: 2,3 mm Power Hoop, Steel
- Tension rods: 16 square head screws
- Bearing edge: 45°