Sonor introduces the SQ1 series, a new dimension in sound. Birch shells in combination with new innovative Sound Sustainer technology form the basis of a drum series with extraordinary sound characteristics. Together with exclusive matte lacquer finishes, a professional drum concept for live performance and studio recording was developed. Made in Germany.
100% European Birch shells
SQ1 drum shells are made of 100% European Birch. Because of its sound characteristics – balanced in low, mid and high – the Birch drum sound is very popular for studio recordings as well as live performances. When developing SQ1, Sonor tested several combinations of Birch-based shell materials. Sonor’s conclusion was that pure Birch provided the most versatile sounding drum. Sonor’s unique CLTF “Cross Lamination Tension Free” and OSM “Optimum Shell Measurement” process (slightly narrowed outside shell measurement) provide excellent sustain and easy tuning.
- Finish: Hot Rod Red (HRR), satin lacquered
- 7-ply 7mm shell made of european birch
- 45° bearing edge, CLTF “Cross Laminated Tension Free” and OSM “Optimum Shell Measurement”
- Tunesafe screws
- Dual Glide snare strainer
- Remo USA Ambassador Coated batter and Remo Ambassador Clear resonant head
- Made in Germany