Condition: 7/10. A Cult Classic Birch Set-up in fully working order, there is some pedal rash either side of the hoop with a handful of dinks/ impressions in the shells and bass drum hoops (the satin finish makes this hard to see in pictures), hardware is all working with some minor pitting to the tom mounts and bass drum spurs and more notable rust under the snare throw, the original floor tom legs have also been replaced. Despite the signs of use this kit has, it is overall in a solid condition with no damage that would affect the kits sound or playability. If this kit were looked after, there is no damage present that would affect the longevity of this classic Tama set up.
The Tama Silverstar is a professional quality kit at an intermediate price, so much in fact Tama have since discontinued the Silverstar Series. With this being a pre-owned Silverstar, it’s a quality Birch kit at an even better price.
This Tama Silverstar has a versatile sound character. All birch shells give this kit boosted highs, some scooped midrange, and a powerful low-end punch that cuts right through a mix. 45 degree bearing edges also give your drums a more lively modern sound with added attack and sustain.
The bass drum delivers a particularly tight, full, and rounded blast, while all the drums boast a truly impressive tuning range. Sounding good seems to come naturally to Silverstar kits.
The Silverstar collection was inducted into the Tama line-up to fill the gap between the attractively priced Imperialstar and the professional standard Starclassic. These Tama kits were also introduced at a time where birch was actually more expensive than maple. It was promoted as ‘the recording wood’, due to it having a tone that is more focused than maple.
With the Starclassic, Tama also revamped their Star Mount isolation brackets. These steel bands are suspended from four lugs and sit right against the top hoop in a design that is much less obtrusive than a lot of tom mounting solutions at this price point.
- An uncluttered and functional design
- Incredible sound versatility
- All birch shells with soaring highs and punchy powerful lows
- 45 Degree bearing edges for a contemporary sound that is round and full with added sustain
- Improved Star Mount isolation brackets for superior sustain from your mounted toms!
- No reinforcement rings to hinder tone or resonance
- Ball-and-socket tom holders for easy ergonomic placement of toms
- An off-white bass drum head evoking a classic vintage look
- Antique Brown Birch finish
- 100% Birch shells
- 7-ply 7mm Bass drum shell
- 6-ply 6mm Tom shells
- 45 Degree bearing edges
- Straight-sided shells with no reinforcement rings
- Low-mass lugs
- Moulded bass drum claws with rubber gaskets
- Revamped Star Mount isolation brackets
- Silverstar memory locks
- Bass drum-mounted double ball-and-socket tom holder
- Die-cast hoops
- Bass Drum: 22 x 18 in
- Tom: 10 x 7 in
- Tom: 12 x 8 in
- Floor Tom: 16 x 14 in
- Snare: 14 x 5 in
*There is no manufacturers warranty on pre-owned drums