*Please Note: This module is ex-display. The box is a slightly damaged but the module only has some signs of light use. It comes with the usual manufacturers warranty.
Enjoy a hybrid drumming experience or use your own custom triggers with the Yamaha DTX502 Electronic Drum Module. The DTX502 module is the beating heart of the DTX500 series drumkits, and is the first electronic drum module to incorporate DTX optimised drum and cymbal sounds from top VST developers. Featuring a range of fun and engaging training features such as rhythm gate which alerts you to any timing mistakes, the DTX502 module is sure to tighten up your drumming game. An extensive collection of built-in kits and effects are also available to play with, keeping your creative inspiration fresh. The DTX502 also allows you to set up your own custom kits from the 691 individual drum voices available in the module -infinite possibilities are now at your disposal.
The DTX502 accepts up to 12 trigger signals and is configured for easy attachment to a hybrid drum setup, so you can use it with an acoustic kit with triggers as well as electronic drum pads. The USB MIDI in/out allows you to connect the DTX502 to your computer with a standard USB cable. No MIDI drivers are required, and you can easily record tracks to your computer or play sounds from VST plugins.
Built-In Training Functions
These fun, engaging and effective warm-ups and games include “Groove Check”, helping perfect your timing with on-screen markers of early or late beats, “Rhythm Gate”, where the drum kit silences out any off time beats alerting you instantly to any mistakes, “Groove Tracker”, which helps beginners pick up the beat and “Fast Blast”, a new challenge to test the chops of even advanced players! There’s also a spoken grading system to encourage you along your drumming path.
Find Your Perfect Sound
The DTX502 comes with a range of professional quality drum kits that are ready to play straight away. For those seeking extra creativity, draw from a selection of 691 individual sounds to create custom kits to match your own style. The DTX502 gives you the freedom to experiment with everything from heavy double bass kits to explosive dance kits and save your favourite ten in the memory slots for instant recall later. If you want to expand your sound even further, the DTX502 also allows you to import your own custom sounds to the module, meaning there is always opportunity to play with fresh new sounds, even years down the line.
- Width: 251 mm
- Height: 130 mm
- Depth: 48 mm
- Weight: 610 g
- Maximum Polyphony: 32 notes
- Voices: Drum and percussion: 691,Melodies: 128
- Effects: Reverb: 9, Master EQ: 2 bands
- Drum kits: Preset: 50 User: 50 (Total memory capacity of 1MB.)
- Note Capacity: Approx. 104,000 Notes (Total memory capacity of 1MB.)
- Note Resolution: 96 ppq (parts per quarter note)
- Song recording type: Real-time replace
- Song tracks: 1 track
- Songs: Demo: 1, Practice: 37, Pad: 22, User: 40
- Sequence formats: Proprietary, SMF format 0/1
- Tempo: 30 to 300 BPM, Tap Tempo supported.
- Beat: 1/4 to 16/4, 1/8 to 16/8, and 1/16 to 16/16
- Timing: Accent, Quarter note, Eighth note, Sixteenth note, Triplet
- Training Functions: Groove Check, Rhythm Gate, Measure Break, Tempo Up/Down, Change Up, Pad Gate, Part Mute, Fast Blast
- Connectors: OUTPUT [L/MONO] (Standard mono phone), OUTPUT [R] (Standard mono phone), Trigger inputs 1, 5, 6, 9 (Standard stereo phone, L: Trigger, R: Rim switch), Trigger inputs 2, 3, 4, 7 (Standard stereo phone, L: Trigger, R: Trigger), HI-HAT CONTROL (Standard stereo phone), AUX IN (Stereo Mini), PHONES (Standard stereo phone), USB TO HOST
- Accessories: Power adaptor (PA-130), Module holder, Module holder fastening screws x2, Owner’s Manual
- Samples: 20 waves (maximum)
- Sample Data Bits: 16 bits
- Sampling Time * Mono/Stereo: 44.1kHz: 12 sec (mono)
- Sample formats: WAV, AIFF