DW have reengineered the pedal that established their reputation for innovation and quality. Because innovation is part of their DNA they thought it was time for some major improvements. Most notably, the toe clamp. The 5000 needed more gripping strength, providing a stronger connection between the drummer and kick drum. So, they developed the Tri-Pivot Toe Clamp. Three independent 360 degree, rotating rubber pads firmly pinch almost any diameter and thickness bass drum counter hoop from the top and the bottom, with zero slippage. Add to that a new textured rubber grip pad on the base plate and we think you’ll agree that there’s never been a better system for attaching a pedal to a bass drum.
Last, but certainly not least, they wanted to improve on the smoothness and feel of the 5000, if that was even possible. To accomplish this, they added a Dual Bearing Spring Rocker, making the 5000 quicker and more responsive!
DW5002 AD4 Features…
- The Accelerator drive system generates an eccentric motion that creates an indirect relationship between the sprocket and the footboard, increasing the velocity of the pedal by shortening the length of the stroke. It was developed to satisfy the desire for increased speed and sensitivity.
- The NEW Tri-Pivot toe clamp includes 3 self-adjusting rubber-coated pads that securely anchor the pedal to a variety of bass drum hoop sizes.
- The NEW Dual-Spring Rocker that improves the feel and recoil of the pedal.
- The Floating Swivel Spring pivots to eliminate creaking and lateral stress on the spring.
- The DW patented Delta Ball-Bearing Hinge, a state-of-the-art lightweight aluminum design that incorporates ball bearings at both sides and allows no-wiggle stability and extremely smooth pedal action.
- Non-skid rubber pad under the base plate designed to hold the pedal and the attached bass drum from sliding on wood, carpet and other playing surfaces.
- The DW 101 Two-Way Beater includes a felt side and a punchier hard plastic side.
- Adjustable built-in spurs guarantee no-slip stability.
- Aluminum hex shafts, pedal plates and linkages reduce weight, increasing speed and ease of play.
- Road-worthy all-metal construction.