NEW for 2017 – Mapex Black Panther Design Lab series snare drums. These professional level snares were developed with the performance needs of top players in mind and engineered to blend sound and performance with modern design.
The Mapex Black Panther Design Lab Series embodies the performance qualities desired by top players. These distinctive instruments have been engineered using the Design Lab’s “Concept Hybrid” approach to sound design, shell composition and drum construction. Their understanding of how different tone woods, bearing edge profiles, counterhoop styles, lug casings, snare wires, drumheads and even shell finishes can affect the acoustic performance of a drum has allowed Mapex to combine “Sound Concepts” to create unique and personal instruments for the demanding player.
The Cherry Bomb 14″ and 13″ Snares are a re-imagined and optimized version of the original Cherry Bomb snare. The Design Lab Cherry Bomb is crafted with a medium-thick Cherrywood shell. The soft density of Cherry absorbs higher overtones, delivering a warm, focused tone and a punchy backbeat. It sounds and feels vintage but is built with modern precision, reliability and function.
- 8mm (8-Ply) Cherry Wood Shell with 45deg Soniclear bearing edges, Batter side and Resonant Side
- 45deg Soniclear bearing edges, Batter side and Resonant Side
- 2.7mm deep, 5.5″ Snare bed graduation for a dry, articulate & controlled snare tone
- Double-Ended Tube lugs
- Sonic Saver Hoops
- Dual venting for feel and drier tone
- BP Cylinder throw-offs and butt side adjustment
- Puresound P1416 16-Strand Stainless Steel Snares