Playing with inspiration and fire, Calvin Rodgers has raised the standard for gospel and R&B drumming time and time again, and now with the help of Meinl, all that experience has been brought into this signature stick. Calvin and Meinl have created a new signature stick that is ideal for both quick kit manoeuvrability and laying down some deep n’ heavy grooves.
This stick is made of US selected hickory and has the diameter of a 5A stick with some added length (16.5″) and a similarly long taper. This added length overall and in the taper is designed to give a superior reach and rebound for a stick that is made to play fast.
The round ball tip produces a clear articulation on both cymbals and drums, while the weight and balance supply the sensitivity and feel necessary for a great all rounder of a stick.
When Calvin Rodgers started working on a stick with Meinl, his main objective was to create a stick that not only he loved but still maintained a universal feel. This stick is designed to give a feeling of consistent weight all the way through, with a round tip that would be less taxing on drum heads while capturing Calvin’s infatuation with sensitive dynamics and stick definition.
- Weight & Pitch matched, meaning every pair suits each other in sound and feel
- Longer taper and overall length for extra reach and rebound
- Model Based Weight Selection
- A Round Tip for sensitive dynamics, great definition, and less wear on your heads.
- Made of US Selected hickory
- Length: 0.56 inches, or 41.9 centimetres
- 5A Diameter: 0.56 inches or 14.2 millimetres
- Long Taper
- Medium Weight
- Round Tip