12in Premium Edition:
- The Premium Edition additionally includes a unique Protean case, made by Hardcase UK. The case contains the “EQ” and “Spacer” snare wires, secured in a wooden box, separated from the drum itself.
- Snare wire wires: 1 x SW 1208 S “Straight 8”, 8 stainless steel wires centrally positioned – pre-Assembled; 1 x SW 1208 MS “Spacer”, 8 brass wires in unique spacing and 1 x SW 1208 B “EQ”, 8 Bronze wires off center – stored in a exclusive wooden box
The Gavin Harrison “Protean” Snare drum from Sonor is part of the Signature series and is handcrafted in Germany. It comes fitted with a 6-ply, premium hand-selected Birch wood shell in a beautiful Silky Black Finish along with chrome hardware. The snare drum also features a round 45 degree bearing edge, vintage Phonic lugs, S-Hoops on the top side, and a special open, triple-flanged steel hoop on the bottom.
Gavin loved the benefits of the new Dual Glide Snare System, but took the idea a little further by leaving an open bottom hoop which makes the Dual Glide strainer even more versatile, as multiple snare wires can be used and exchanged quickly.
“When I had the chance to design this Snare Drum together with SONOR I knew exactly what I wanted to achieve because it is based on my experience of the last 30 years playing professionally. I chose the shell material, the hybrid bearing edges, the dampening rings, the S-Hoop and the 8-strand snare wires because I know they work in all sorts of different situations. We called the drum ‘Protean’ because it’s versatile and you can change the features very quickly to get a sound that will be musically right. I wanted the look of the drum to be able to fit in with any drum set. It has a sleek Art Deco look about it with a classic black satin finish.”
– Gavin Harrison
- 12x5in shell size
- 6-Ply, 6mm Birch Shell
- Hybrid Bearing Edges – Vintage round on top, modern 45 degree on bottom
- S-Hoop and Special Hoop
- Dual-Slide Snare Strainer
- 3 Dampening Rings Included
- 2 Protean Drum Keys Included
- Additonal pre-assembled snare wires