NEW for 2021, Sonor expands the Vintage Series to include a 13x6in snare drum!
The Vintage Series drums represent the return of the ‘old Sonor sound’ and bring back an iconic look and sound of the time between the 1950s and early 1970s.
The Sonor team, in cooperation with artists and collectors, worked tirelessly to bring the Vintage Series drums as close as possible to the look, feel, and sound of its predecessor, the Teardrop drums. Sonor combined its knowledge of modern drum building with the look and sound of vintage drums to create an instrument that will hold up to today’s modern playing.
Like the original Teardrop drums, the Vintage series drums feature hand-selected premium German Beech shells with rounded bearing edges. Sonor has carefully recreated the look of the 1950s teardrop lug and updated it with Sonor’s exclusive Tunesafe tuning system. Not overlooking any details, Sonor has redesigned the Superprofil triple flanged hoops, and brought back the timeless SONOR logo and badge used between 1952 and 1961.
Finish: Rosewood Semi Gloss
- Stunning beech snare drum with updated versions of classic ’50s appointments
- 9-ply/6mm shell built with Sonor’s cross-laminated, tension-free design
- Beech delivers pronounced highs and mids with plenty of low-end punch
- Rounded bearing edge kicks up the impact and cuts down the sustain for a dry yet powerful sound
- Triple-flanged 2.3mm Superprofil hoops and TuneSafe lugs ensure maximum tuning stability