We check out the incredible new Pure Alloy Custom Cymbals from Meinl!
What does a classic cymbal mean to you? Would it be fully lathed or have visible hammer marks? Pinpoint definition or a smooth, mellow feel?
What if you could check ALL of those boxes?
This is Meinl Pure Alloy Custom.
A timeless voice with clarity, cut and shimmer, these cymbals have an added dose of flexibility, smoothness and warm wash to give you both a classic shine AND modern mellowness.
Meinl Pure Alloy Custom tech specs
- Smoked bronze finish top brings out visible hammer marks
- Brilliant finish underside
- Fully lathed top and bottom
- Pure Alloy bronze
- Precision hammered into shape
- Medium-thin weight for more give
- Classic tone with modern abilities
- Made in Germany
The particular cymbals we used in this video were the 15in Pure Alloy Custom Medium Thin Hi-Hats, the 18in Pure Alloy Custom Thin Crash, 18in Pure Alloy Custom Trash Crash and the 22in Pure Alloy Custom Medium Thin Ride