NEW for 2017 – Mapex Black Panther Design Lab series snare drums. These professional level snares were developed with the performance needs of top players in mind and engineered to blend sound and performance with modern design.
The Mapex Black Panther Design Lab Series embodies the performance qualities desired by top players. These distinctive instruments have been engineered using the Design Lab’s “Concept Hybrid” approach to sound design, shell composition and drum construction. Their understanding of how different tone woods, bearing edge profiles, counterhoop styles, lug casings, snare wires, drumheads and even shell finishes can affect the acoustic performance of a drum has allowed Mapex to combine “Sound Concepts” to create unique and personal instruments for the demanding player.
The Equinox 14″ Snare features a North American Maple shell, reinforcement rings and the classic styling of single-flanged hoops which evoke musical traditions and modern execution. This drum possesses the controlled articulation needed to hear the most subtle ghost notes coupled with a bright and open presence at full volume.
- 6mm Maple (6-Ply) shell
- 45deg Soniclear bearing edges top, 35deg bottom, with 4-Ply Maple Resonance Rings
- 2.7mm deep, 5.5″ Snare bed graduation for a dry, articulate & controlled snare tone
- Black Panther Crown lugs
- Single-Flanged Hoops with Claws
- Dual venting for feel and drier tone
- BP Cylinder throw-offs and butt side adjustment
- Puresound (1416) 16-Strand Stainless Steel Snares