NEW for 2017 – Mapex Black Panther Design Lab series snare drums. These professional level snares were developed with the performance needs of top players in mind and engineered to blend sound and performance with modern design.
The Mapex Black Panther Design Lab Series embodies the performance qualities desired by top players. These distinctive instruments have been engineered using the Design Lab’s “Concept Hybrid” approach to sound design, shell composition and drum construction. Their understanding of how different tone woods, bearing edge profiles, counterhoop styles, lug casings, snare wires, drumheads and even shell finishes can affect the acoustic performance of a drum has allowed Mapex to combine “Sound Concepts” to create unique and personal instruments for the demanding player.
The Heartbreaker 14″ Snare is constructed of an all-mahogany shell and reinforcement rings which blend historic snare drum tone with modern snare design. It combines the dark, rustic and throaty sounds of rock classics, but easily fits with today’s more organic alternative styles.
- 8mm Mahogany (8-Ply) shell
- 45deg Soniclear bearing edges with 4-Ply Mahogany Resonance Rings
- 2.7mm deep, 5.5″ Snare bed graduation for a dry, articulate & controlled snare tone
- Black Panther Crown lugs
- Sonic Saver Hoops
- Dual venting for feel and drier tone
- BP Cylinder throw-offs and butt side adjustment
- Puresound (1416) 16-Strand Stainless Steel Snares